Thursday, February 10, 2011

Healthy Protein Bars

I am always on the lookout for new recipes, that are EASY, HEALTHY and something my kids will ENJOY. It also doesn't hurt when I happen to have all the ingredients in my pantry!





This recipe is compliments of bodybuilding.com

Chocolate Protein Bar

Makes 16 bars

Serving size= 2 bars

calories- 96

fat- 1.4 grams

carbs- 12 grams

protein-10 grams



Directions:

Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees



1/2 cup Rolled Oats

2 Scoops of Vanilla Protein Powder

3 Tbs. of Baking Cocoa

1/2 Tsp Baking Soda

1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt

8 packets of Stevia- (or 1/2 cup equivalent of)

4 egg whites

1 cup Applesauce



Mix Dry ingredients and slowly add wet ones. Bars will take about 30 minutes to cook depending on oven. To check if they are done stick a sharp object down the center, if it wipes clean the bars are done.

I like to eat this as a post-exercise treat or even when I am craving something sweet. I haven't tried adding anything to them, but I bet they would taste delicious with toated coconuts or instant espresso for a REAL pick me up!

Enjoy- and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment